Steven Grosz's Website
Home | About | Interests | Projects | Contact
Real-Time Emergency Vehicle Detection
Knowledge area: Deep Learning, Autonomous Vechicles
- Trained a convolutional nueral network based of the YOLO architecture for real-time emergency vehicle detection in autonomous vehicles.
- Used transfer learning to tune the YOLO CNN to detect ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, dogs, bicycles, and pedestrians.
- Validated sytsem performace in the Robotic Operating System (ROS) environment on a TurtleBot 3 Burger to demonstrate system deployability in an autonomous system.
Landline Phone Use Indicator
Knowledge area: Electronic Circuits
- Designed analog circuitry for landline use indicator.
- Design consisted of BJT tranistors, LEDs, resistors, etc.
- Circuit was capable of handling voltage and current changes resulting from alternate use modes.
Knowledge area: Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Designed filters for noise removal of images.
- Implemented various image processing techniques (Fourier and time domain filtering, image pre-processing, frequency analysis, etc.).
Digital Signal Processing of Telephone Dialing Number Tones
Knowledge area: Signal Processing
- Implemented frequency and time domain filtering and analysis techniques to decode phone numbers entered by a user.
- Created digital signal processing algorithms for automatic detection of user input.
Knowledge area: DSP, Natural Language Processing. Link to github repository here
- Implemented Gaussian Mixture Model for speaker identification.
- Developed novel speaker identification algorithim based on signal energy between microphone users.
- Designed a system of embedded, wireless, microphone enabled device for monitoring of various conversational metrics between meeting participants.
- Enabled real-time metric analysis and data sharing between wireless embedded devices.