Steven Grosz's Bio
Upon completing my undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, I've decided to continue my education in the Computer Science and Engineering PhD program at Michigan State University where I will be employed as a Graduate Research Assistant in the Pattern Recognition and Image Processing Laboratory lead by Dr. Anil Jain. I am ecstatic about this opportunity to pursue my interests in machine learning and computer vision with applications in biometrics.
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MIAugust 2019 - present
Candidate for Ph.D. degree in Computer Science & Engineering, GPA 4.0
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MIMay 2019
Bachelor of Science (Hons.), Electrical Engineering (Concentration: Biomedical Engineering), GPA 4.0
Systems Engineering Intern - Aptiv, Troy, MI
- Developed software to improve various engineering tools used in creating deliverables for electrical harness system integration and validation.
- Assisted in the development and validation of vehicle electrical networks.
Electrical Engineering Intern - DTE Energy, Detroit, MI
- Analyzed multiple factors such as cost, reliability, load capacity, contingency loading, etc. to identify the best method of service for bringing power to various businesses throughout downtown Detroit, MI.
- Developed detailed work plans, cost estimates, engineering sketches, and contingency analysis for converting multiple customers in downtown Detroit, MI to DTE’s power line distribution.
- Researcher - Pattern Recognition and Image Processing Lab, East Lansing, MI
- Researcher - Biomedical Ultrasonics and Electromagnetics Lab, East Lansing, MI
- Teaching Assistant for "CE 221 Statics" - Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Research Assistant - Microtechnology Lab, East Lansing, MI
- S. A. Grosz, J. J. Engelsma, N. G. Paulter and A. K. Jain, "White-Box Evaluation of Fingerprint Matchers", arXiv:1909.00799, 2019.
- Y. Gtat, S. Davila-Montero, S. Grosz, A. J. Mason, "Multi-sensor Badge for Social and Environmental Monitoring", IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Dallas, TX, USA, 2019.
- S. Grosz, R. Pereira, M. Urban, T. Humphrey, R. J. McGough, "Measured Fractional Calculus Parameters for Shear Waves in Swine Liver", IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, Kobe, Japan, 2018.
- S. Grosz, R. Pereira, M. Urban, T. Humphrey, R. J. McGough, "Measured Power Law Attenuation of Shear Waves in Swine Liver", Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 2019 (in preparation).
CANVAS SOAR, Habitat for Humanity, Tau Beta Pi, IEEE, Intramural Sports (Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, Softball)
Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems, Robotics, Volunterring, Languages (Spanish), Reading
- Programming Languages: Python, C, C++, MATLAB; (Familiar) ROS, Assembly, HTML, CSS
- Frameworks and tools: GIT, LabView, PSpice